- 1/2 pound very thinly-sliced prosciutto di Parma
- 4 cups arugula washed, patted dry, and stemmed
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces large button mushrooms stemmed, and caps sliced very thinly
- 1 cup very thinly-sliced artichoke hearts
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes - (abt 3/4 lb) cored, seeded, and finely diced
- 1/4 pound Parmigiano-Reggiano finely shaved
- 8 fresh thin bread sticks
Arrange the prosciutto slices decoratively around the edges of 4 salad plates.
In a bowl, toss the arugula with 2 tablespoons of the oil, 1 teaspoon of the vinegar, and salt and pepper, to taste. Place the arugula in the center of the 4 plates.
In the same bowl, toss the mushrooms and artichoke hearts in the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil, 2 teaspoons of vinegar, and salt and pepper, to taste. Arrange the mushrooms and artichoke hearts over the arugula. Top with the diced tomatoes and shaved cheese, and serve with 2 breadsticks on each plate.
This recipe yields 4 servings.