Mango Barbecue Fish Tacos
- fresh mango, seeded, peeled, and diced
- 1/2-cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4-cup light mayonnaise
- 1-teaspoon lime zest
- 3-cups packaged coleslaw mix (shredded cabbage with carrot)
- 4 -green onions, thinly sliced
- 12-ounces fresh or frozen skinless red snapper, sea bass or cod, tahwed if frozen and patted dry
- 8-6-inch corn tortillas
- 1/2-cup purchased guacamole
- 1/2-cup chopped fresh cilantro
Place half the diced mango in a blender or food processor. Add barbecue sauce; puree until smooth.
In a large bowl combine 2/3 cup of the barbecue sauce mixture, the light mayonnaise and lime zest. (Reserve the remaining 1/3 cup of the barbecue sauce mixture.) Add remaining diced mango, the coleslaw mix and green onions. Toss to coat. Cover and chill until ready to serve.
3.Grill fish on the greased rack of a covered charcoal or gas grill directly over medium heat for 4 to 6 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness or until fish flakes when tested with a fork, brushing generously with the reserved 1/3 cup barbecue sauce mixture during the last 2 minutes of grilling. Wrap tortillas in foil and place on grill rack over heat while fish is grilling to warm, turning once halfway through warming.
To serve, fill warm tortillas with coarsely flaked fish, coleslaw, guacamole and cilantro. If you like, squeeze with lime juice.