One of our favorites so light and delicious. My daughter use to really love to make this with me when she was little. She loved seeing all the shells lined up on our table and couldn't wait for them to cool so she culd add the filing!
- 6 eggs (room temp)
- 1 1/2 cups flour – unsifted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 ponds ricotta
- 1 8 oz. mozzarella cheese dice
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
In electric mixer beat until smooth. Let stand for about ½ hour. Pour batter in skillet (I have my moms small black iron skillet) rotating quickly to spread batter evenly over bottom. Cook over low heat until top is dry but bottom not brown. Turn over cook other side for a few seconds. Makes 20 – 25
For filling mix all ingredients together
1. Use a cast iron small skillet to make outer shells.
2. Line table or counter with saran or wax paper. As each shell is complete turn over from pan onto counter or table lining up all 20 – 25 to cool before adding filling
3. Add filling in center of each shell. Then fold over each side on top of filling.
4. In a large pan first cover bottom with sauce than add each manicotti filling up pan. Add more sauce to the top.
5. Cover and bake at 350 for about 45-50 minutes.