- 2 tablespoons pomegranate juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 oranges peeled, segmented
- 1 small red onion thinly sliced
- 8 ounces goat cheese cut crosswise
- into 6 slices
- 6 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 large radicchio head rinsed, patted dry, and torn bite sized pieces
- 1 bunch arugula or watercress rinsed, patted dry, and cut bite sized pieces
- 6 large Bibb lettuce leaves rinsed, patted dry
- 1 Belgian endive head stem removed, and cut crosswise into thin shreds
- Pomegranate seeds as garnish
In a small bowl, combine the pomegranate juice and orange zest, vinegar, shallots, salt, pepper and mustard and whisk thoroughly to combine. Add the oil in a steady stream and whisk until emulsified. Fold the segmented oranges and sliced onions into 1/4 cup of the dressing and toss to combine and set aside.
Wrap each slice of goat cheese in a slice of prosciutto. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the wrapped cheeses and sear on both sides. Remove from the heat.
In a large salad bowl, combine the greens. Add the marinated orange sections and onion slices, and toss gently with enough extra dressing to coat evenly. Divide among salad plates and top each with a seared goat cheese package and a sprinkling of pomegranate seeds. Spoon a little extra dressing over each salad and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 6 servings.