Mar-a-Lago Turkey Burger
- Chutney Recipe:
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 3 Granny Smith Granny Smith apples , peeled and diced
- 1/8 cup canola oil
- 4 pounds ground ground turkey breast
- 2 Tbsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. black pepper
- 2 tsp. Tabasco® chipotle pepper sauce
- 1 lemon , juiced and grated zest
- 1/2 bunch parsley , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Major Grey's Chutney , pureed
- 1 Anjour Anjour pear , peeled and diced
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 1/2 cups Major Grey's Major Grey's Chutney
- 1/4 cup dried dried currants or raisins
Sauté the scallions, celery and apples in the canola oil until tender. Let cool.
Place the ground turkey in a large mixing bowl. Add sautéed items and the remaining ingredients. Shape into eight 8-ounce burgers. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
Season the turkey burgers with salt and pepper. Place on a preheated, lightly oiled grill. Grill each side for 7 minutes until meat is thoroughly cooked. Let sit for 5 minutes.
Serve with a side of Mar-a-Lago Pear Chutney and your favorite toasted bread, pita or hamburger roll.
Directions for Chutney:
Preheat oven to 350°.
Toss the diced pears with the cinnamon and salt. Bake on a parchment-lined cookie sheet for 10 minutes.
Cool and mix with the chutney and currants or raisins.