Summer Salad with Corn, Avacado, cilantro dressing
- 4 ears corn, cooked
- 2 avocados, diced
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved (I use orange & red for a little color)
- 1/2 an english cucumber, finely diced, skin on
- 1/3 C. crumbled feta
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- Cilantro Vinaigrette
- 1 tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. salt or Herbamare
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, chopped
- 6 tbsp. EVOO
1. Cook your corn - there are a ton of ways to do this, but the easiest is just to put the oven on 350, and throw the corn in, husks and all. Bake them for 25 minutes, let it cool, and then cut off the very bottom of the corn. You should be able to easily pull off the husks and the silk.
2. Cut off the kernels with a large knife (I love this one, it's inexpensive and it holds up well), add to a big bowl.
3. Chop the avocados, cherry tomatoes, english cucumber, and red onion, then add to the bowl. Add the feta.
4. For the vinaigrette, combine the first 5 ingredients (so the seasonings react with the vinegar), then add the cilantro and the EVOO. Shake it up.
5. Gently mix all the salad ingredients together. When ready to serve, add the dressing and stir to combine.