Grilled Sea Scallops With Pasta Rags And Homemade Pesto
- 1 pound fresh pasta sheets
- 3 tablespoons olive oil plus
- 1 cup olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves - (packed)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts toasted
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 24 fresh sea scallops cleaned
- 1 pint tear or pear tomatoes, red or yellow
- 1 pound fresh asparagus blanched
- 1 pound fresh chanterelle mushrooms cleaned
Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Tear the pasta into 1-inch pieces. Drizzle a little olive oil into the water and add the pasta. Cook until tender, about 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from the water and drain.
In a mixing bowl, toss the pasta with a tablespoon of the olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In the cup of an electric blender, combine the basil, nuts, garlic and cheese. Blend thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper. With the blender running, slowly drizzle in 1 cup of the oil. The mixture will be thick. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Preheat the grill. Season the scallops with a tablespoon of the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place the scallops on the grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until the scallops are firm to the touch.
In a sauté pan, over medium heat, add the remaining tablespoon of the oil. When the oil is hot, add the tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes. Add the asparagus and mushrooms. Season with salt and pepper. Continue to sauté for 3 to 4 minutes or until the mushrooms are wilted.
In a large mixing bowl, toss the pasta with the vegetables and pesto. Mix well. Add the cheese and mix well. Readjust the seasonings if needed. Mound the pasta in the center of each serving plate. Lay the scallops over the pasta. Garnish with parsley.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (897 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Buffalo Ranch Alfredo Pasta 4.5/5 (688 Votes)
- Crockpot Cheese Tortellini and... 4.5/5 (679 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)