Garlic And Herb Roasted Potatoes
- 2 1/2 pounds assorted small potatoes scrubbed (such as fingerling, Yukon Gold or red Bliss)
- 1 acorn squash peeled, and cut into 1 1/2" chunks
- 3 cups butternut squash in 2" chunks
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 garlic cloves peeled, and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
Place the potatoes and squash in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, rosemary, thyme, garlic, and salt and pepper to coat well.
Transfer vegetables, with your hands, to a large baking sheet and spread into a single layer, keeping any leftover oil from the bowl. Roast the vegetables until tender, turning every 10 minutes with a long-handled spoon, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Remove from the oven and add as much leftover oil to the vegetables as desired, and season to taste. Serve immediately.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.