Fennel, Orange, Spinach, And Olive Salad With Shaved Parmesan
- 1 large fennel bulb core, stems removed, fronds reserved
- 3 navel oranges peeled
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 2 cups baby spinach stems removed, rinsed well and patted dry
- 20 oil-cured black olives
- 2 ounces Parmesan thinly shaved with
- a vegetable peeler
Halve the fennel and thinly slice with a mandolin or very sharp knife.
Segment the oranges over a bowl to catch any juices. Whisk together the orange juice, oil, shallots, salt and pepper. Add the fennel, orange segments and spinach, and toss to coat.
Divide the salad among 4 plates and top each with 5 olives. Top each salad with cheese and the reserved fennel fronds.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- zed Seafood Lo Mein 0/5 (0 Votes)
- zed Banh Pho Bo (Vietnamese Beef... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Grilled Cowboy Steak, Mashed... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Duck And Mushroom Ragú Over... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Cornbread And Andouille Dressing 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baked Onions With Rice, Apple, And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Apricots Poached In Red Wine 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Spinach Pasta Dough 0/5 (0 Votes)