Classic Spaghetti Carbonara
- 1/2 pound bacon chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound fresh spaghetti cooked al dente
- 4 large eggs beaten
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup freshly-grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh parsley leaves
In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, cook the bacon until crispy, about 6 minutes. Remove the bacon and drain on paper towels.
Pour off all of the oil except for 3 tablespoons. Add the garlic. Season with black pepper. Sauté for 30 seconds. Add the crispy bacon and the pasta. Sauté for 1 minute.
Season the eggs with salt. Remove the pan from the heat and add the eggs, whisking quickly until the eggs thicken, but do not scramble. Add the cheese and re-season with salt and pepper. Mound into serving bowls and garnish with parsley.
This recipe yields 4 servings.