Caramelized Salmon Deviled Eggs
- 1 salmon fillet - (6 oz)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 dozen hard-boiled eggs halved
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1/2 fresh lemon juiced
- 2 ounces Sevruga caviar
Season the salmon with salt and pepper. Dredge the salmon in the sugar, coating well. Heat a small sauté pan, over medium heat. When the pan is hot, add the salmon, and sear for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until the salmon is caramelized on both sides. Remove from the pan and cool completely. Flake the salmon into small pieces.
Place the egg yolks in a mixing bowl and the whites on a serving plate. Season the whites with salt. With a fork, mash the egg yolks. Add the salmon, mayonnaise, shallots, and lemon juice. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper. Fill the egg whites with the salmon mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and chill completely. Remove and garnish with caviar.
This recipe yields 6 to 12 servings.
You'll also love
- Cannellini Bean Salad With Parsley... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Brined And Roasted Turkey 0/5 (0 Votes)
- A Scallop Parfait, Two Ways 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Hearts Of Palm And Crabmeat... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Vodka Cured Red Snapper 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shellfish Stuffed Spinach... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Smoked Salmon Napoleons 0/5 (0 Votes)