Cannellini Bean Salad With Parsley Pesto
- 2 cans cannellini beans - (15 oz ea)
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup minced yellow onions
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/3 cup very finely-grated Parmesan (or crumbled goat cheese)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley leaves
- Toasted pita bread triangles (or 1/2"-thk lightly-toasted French bread)
Place the beans in a colander and rinse under cold running water. Drain.
Heat 3 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the garlic and cook until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the drained beans, 4 teaspoons of the lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, the black pepper and cayenne, and cook, stirring, until softened and warmed through, 3 minutes. Remove from the pan and transfer to a decorative platter. Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
In a blender or bowl of a small food processor, combine the parsley, remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons of garlic, 2 teaspoons of lemon juice and 1/4 teaspoon of salt in a blender or small food processor. Process on high speed for 30 seconds. Add the remaining 1/3 cup oil with the motor running and process until smooth. Adjust seasoning, to taste.
Drizzle the parsley pesto over the beans and serve with the toast for dipping.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (891 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (905 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (742 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (499 Votes)
- Texas Trash Warm Bean Dip 4.5/5 (184 Votes)
- Minestrone Soup 4.4/5 (150 Votes)
- Tuscan White Bean Salad with... 4.4/5 (128 Votes)