ENCHILADA TACO CASSEROLE
- 1 package (16 ounces) shells pasta
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 packet taco seasoning + 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup corn
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) petite diced tomatoes with green chilies*
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 can (10 ounces) medium (red) enchilada sauce
- 2 cups taco or cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: sour cream, scallions, cilantro, cherry tomatoes
Prepare the pasta according to package directions - cook until al dente, drain, and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, brown the ground beef until completely cooked through (cook on medium heat). Drain any fat and return the meat to the saucepan.
Add in the onion and garlic. Stir and cook on medium heat for 2-3 minutes. Add in the taco seasoning and water. Stir until the meat is well coated with the seasoning.
Combine the pasta and meat mixture with the corn, (drained) petite diced tomatoes, and salsa.
Pour the mixture into a 9 x 13 casserole dish.
Cover with 1 (or 2) cans of red enchilada sauce. Cover with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and top with cheese.
Return to the oven without the foil and cook for another 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Top with optional toppings of choice and serve immediately.