Simple Homemade Sausage Patties
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried sage, crumbled
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried fennel, crushed
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large egg white
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
Adapted from tasteofhome.com
Mix together the pork, garlic, sage, thyme, fennel, nutmeg, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Add the egg white and combine thoroughly. Cover and chill for at least 15 minutes.
To easily form the sausage patties, rinse your hands in cold water. Divide the mixture into eighths and shape each portion into a 2 1/2-inch disk. Patties can be made to this point and refrigerated or frozen until ready to use.
Heat a skillet over high heat, and then swirl in the oil. Fry the sausages on both sides until completely cooked through and golden brown, about 4 minutes per side. Drain and serve immediately with pancakes, waffles or eggs. Sausage patties can be fully cooled, wrapped, and frozen for microwave reheating.
You'll also love
- Quinoa with Tomato, Basil, and... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Eggplant Parmesan 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Brussels Sprout and Bacon Hash 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Chicken, Pork, Shrimp Chow Mein... 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Italian sausage and kale gratin 4.5/5 (13 Votes)
- Homemade SAUSAGE 4.5/5 (4 Votes)
- Homemade Sausage Gravy2 4.3/5 (6 Votes)