Apple, Pear, And Raspberry Stew With Oatmeal Dumplings
- OATMEAL DUMPLINGS:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 apples peeled, cored, and sliced
- 4 pears peeled, cored, and sliced
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 cup chopped candied ginger
- 3 whole cloves
- 3 star anise
- 1 orange zested
- 1/4 cup Calvados
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons Calvados
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 cup dried apricots rehydrated in
- 1/2 cup water
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a hot saute pan, add the butter and melt. Add apples, pears, cinnamon, candied ginger, cloves, star anise and orange zest and cook until tender, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and add Calvados. Cook another 1 minute. Season with salt and pepper and pour into a gratin dish.
For the Oatmeal Dumplings: In a large bowl, combine the oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt and mix well. Drain the apricots and place in the bowl of a food processor. Add the honey, Calvados and butter and puree. Mix the apricot puree into the dry ingredients.
Spoon dollops of oatmeal mixture on top of the apple and pear mixture. Place in the oven and bake until the oatmeal mounds are golden brown, about 8 to 10 minutes.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- A Scallop Parfait, Two Ways 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Wild Mushroom Stuffing For Turkey... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Warm Hearts Of Palm And Crabmeat... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Sweet Tamales With Raisins And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Seared Quail With Cranberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Dried Cranberry Vinegar 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Arugula And Prosciutto Salad With... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Almond Tuile Cups With Raspberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)