Pineapple Coffee Cake
- 1 can or jar (20 oz) pineapple chunks
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3 TBS butter or margarine, diced
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 2 TBS granulated sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 45mins
1) Drain pineapple, reserve 2/3 cup juice. Pat pineapple dry.
2) Mix brown sugar, cinnamon, walnuts and butter in med bowl, set aside. Beat reserved juice with biscuit mix, granulated sugar and egg in lrg bowl for 30 secs. Spoon into 9 inch round baking pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Top with half of walnut mixture, pineapple and then the remaining walnut mixture.
3) Bake at 400 degrees F 20 – 25 mins. Cool.