Smoked Salmon and Egg Salad Sandwiches
- 4 large eggs, hard-boiled, peeled, and chopped
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh dill
- 1 (4-ounce) package smoked salmon
- 12 slices party rye or pumpernickel bread
- Additional dill (optional)
In a medium bowl, combine chopped eggs, mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, onion, and dill. Finely chop 3 slices of smoked salmon and stir into egg mixture. Reserve remaining salmon for garnish. Store covered in refrigerator until ready to assemble sandwiches.
To assemble sandwiches, spread salmon mixture evenly over 6 bread slices. Garnish with reserved salmon and fresh dill, if desired.