- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- Additional marinara or spaghetti sauce
Cut zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottom of each with a sharp knife to allow zucchini to sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells.
Place shells in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. microwave-safe dish. Turn off microwave turntable setting. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat; stir in the egg, marinara sauce, bread crumbs, salt, pepper and 1/2 cup cheese.
Spoon about 1/4 cup into each shell. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 4 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Microwave 3-4 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted into filling reads 160° and zucchini are tender. Serve with additional marinara sauce. Yield: 4 servings. Editor’s Note: If your microwave does not have a turntable setting, microwave zucchini in two batches, using an 11-in. x 7-in. x 2-in. microwave-safe dish.
You'll also love
- Turkish Garbanzo Bean Salad 4.5/5 (2 Votes)
- Chicken with Cheesy Mushroom Gravy... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Mini Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Rack Of Lamb With Rosemary And... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Beef Hash (Slow cooker) 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Parmesan Squash Bake 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Kelly's butternut squash soup 4.3/5 (17 Votes)
- Zucchini Casserole 4.3/5 (17 Votes)