Italian Pizza Casserole
- 3 cups uncooked ziti noodles
- 1 pound ground sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups quartered fresh mushrooms
- 1 (3-ounce) package sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 1 (2.25-ounce) can sliced black olives, drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano
- 2 (15-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 13x9-inch baking dish.
In a large skillet, cook sausage, onion, bell pepper, and garlic over medium heat until sausage is browned and crumbles; drain well. Spoon sausage mixture into a large bowl.
Stir in mushrooms and next 8 ingredients. Stir in 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Add cooked ziti, tossing gently to combine. Spoon mixture into prepared baking dish. Top with remaining 1 cup mozzarella. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, or until casserole is hot and bubbly.