Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes - (tightly packed) reconstituted in
- hot water and drained - (not oil-packed)
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups extra-virgin olive oil
In the bowl of a food processor, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, red pepper and black pepper, and puree on high speed. With the motor running, gradually add the oil through the feed tube and process until well combined.
Pour into a container until ready to serve.
This recipe yields about 2 cups