Lemon Pasta with Shrimp on a Spinach Bed
A nice couples dinner. Comes together quickly and can be easily doubled. Fresh spinach can be substituted for the frozen - just use a bag of baby spinach.
- 8 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- olive oil - divided
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 pound very thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 very small onion (or a 1/4 of a medium one) finely diced
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bag frozen chopped spinach, defrosted and squeezed of excess water
- 3 Tbs butter
- 1 large lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/3 package of Angel Hair (or enough for two servings - eyeball it), prepared and kept warm
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water
- parmesan, grated; amount to taste (about 2 teaspoons per serving or it's too much)
1. Preheat oven to 400.
2. Line two rimmed baking sheets with tin foil.
3. Drizzle olive oil (about 1 teaspoon - not too much) on one sheet and lay the prosciutto in a single layer.
4. Spread shrimp on the second sheet and drizzle with about 2 teaspoons olive oil. Sprinkle on salt and pepper to taste and toss to combine. Re-spread into a single layer.
5. Place both pans in the oven and bake for about 8-10 minutes. You want the prosciutto crisp and the shrimp just cooked. Remove from oven and set aside.
6. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm 3 tablespoons olive oil. Add the onion and saute for roughly 10 minutes. You want the onions well caramelized and browned. Add three cloves minced garlic during the last 2 minutes.
7. Add the spinach and cook stirring for several minutes. Add salt and pepper. Turn heat to very low - you are just keeping it warm.
8. In a second skillet over medium heat, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and the butter until butter is melted. Add the remaining two cloves of minced garlic and saute for a minute or so. Don't let the garlic burn.
9. Add the lemon juice and zest and reserved pasta cooking water. Bring to a low simmer. Crumble the prosciutto and add to sauce. Add pasta and toss until well combined. Taste and add salt and pepper as needed.
10. Spread about a half of the spinach in a circle on each plate. Top with the pasta. Top the pasta with the shrimp and sprinkle on the parmesan. Serve and enjoy!
You'll also love
- Taco Salad With Chipotle Lime... 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Pea Salad with Bacon & Cheese 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Fuji Apple Walnut Salad 4.3/5 (24 Votes)
- Turkey-Potato Casserole 4/5 (63 Votes)
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Bundt Cake 4.2/5 (32 Votes)
- Italian Pot Roast with Penne 4.4/5 (16 Votes)
- Loaded Baked Gnocchi 4.4/5 (15 Votes)
- Linguine with Lemon Cream and... 4.4/5 (15 Votes)