Seared Chicken with Pineapple Salsa
see Pineapple Salsa recipe
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 1 cup packed cilantro, leaves and stems
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped red onion
- 3 cloves chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Pineapple Salsa
Cut each chicken breast in half. One at a time, place chicken pieces in a sealable plastic bag; remove air from bag, seal and pound chicken to an even 1/2-inch thick. Place all pieces in bag, set aside.
Place yogurt, cilantro, red onion, garlic, salt and pepper in blender; blend until smooth; stir in lime juice. Pour marinade over chicken, seal bag and refrigerate 3 to 8 hours.
Place oil in fry pan, heat to shimmering; remove chicken from marinade (discard marinade); scrape off excess marinade and place chicken in fry pan. Sear 4-6 minutes or until underside is browned; turn pieces over, salt and pepper to taste; spoon 1/2-cup fresh salsa to the sides of chicken, cover pan and cook an additional 4-5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and pineapple is caramelized. Serve chicken with your favorite green vegetable, brown rice, additional Pineapple Salsa and a cold glass of milk!
Notes: The rich yogurt marinade creates moist tender chicken, which pairs perfectly with fresh pineapple salsa. Chicken is excellent grilled over hot coals. Nutrition analysis 1 is for chicken and salsa only. When chicken and salsa are served with 3/4 cup brown rice, 1/2 cup asparagus and 1cup 1% milk (Nutrition analysis 2) it makes an excellent meal - low in fat, great fiber, excellent calcium, serving from all food groups. Recipe serves 4
You'll also love
- Roasted Plum Tomatoes 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Chicken Pasta Bake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Asparagus,Chicken and Pecan Pasta 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Spinach, strawberry, banana & nut... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Barefoot Contessa Apple Pie 5/5 (2 Votes)
- Orange, Pineapple, & Carrot Salad 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Roasted Pineapple with Honey and... 5/5 (1 Votes)