Shellfish Stuffed Spinach Cannelloni With Truffled Balsamella
- Spinach Pasta Dough (see recipe), rolled
- into sheets, and cut into 4" squares
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 pound cooked lobster meat coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp coarsely chopped
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh herbs of choice (such as tarragon, parsley, and basil)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white truffle oil (optional)
- 1/4 cup finely-grated Parmesan
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil and add pasta squares. Stir well to prevent them from sticking together and cook for less than half a minute. Drain and transfer partially cooked pasta to a large bowl of ice water. Once cooled, transfer to damp kitchen towels and cover until ready to assemble the cannelloni.
In a saute pan melt 4 tablespoons of the butter along with the olive oil and saute onion until softened, about 6 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes longer. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add lobster, shrimp, crabmeat, and chopped herbs. Gently toss to combine.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
Assemble the cannelloni by placing a small amount of the filling in the center of each pasta square and roll up, cigar fashion. Repeat with the remaining cannelloni. Lightly oil a large casserole dish and arrange filled cannelloni, seam-side up. Set aside while you make the sauce.
In a small saucepan melt remaining 4 tablespoons of butter and whisk in flour. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the milk and whisk to combine well. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, and cook for 5 minutes, until very thick and the floury taste is gone. Season to taste with salt, pepper, and truffle oil. Pour sauce over top of cannelloni, sprinkle with grated cheese and bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, until heated through, bubbly and golden brown on top.
This recipe yields 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (871 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.5/5 (811 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (736 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (486 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (379 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Garlic Shrimp 4.5/5 (182 Votes)