Caramelized Onion Bruschetta
Great appetizer if you are looking for something different. Make the onion mixture ahead of time, and this savory caramelized onion bruschetta comes together quickly!
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 3 large red onions, cut in half and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons raspberry or balsamic vinegar
- 1 loaf (1 pound) baguette bread, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 (8-ounce) tub soft cream cheese with herbs or vegetables
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 30mins
In 12-inch heavy skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat until sizzling. Cook onions in butter 5 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are softened. Stir in sugar and vinegar. Cook 9 to 10 minutes, stirring frequently, until onions are very soft and light golden brown. Cool onion mixture slightly, about 10 minutes.
Set oven control to broil. Place bread slices on cookie sheet. Broil with tops 4 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn bread; broil 1 to 2 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
Spread about 2 teaspoons cream cheese on each bread slice. Top each with 1 tablespoon onion mixture; sprinkle with small amount parsley.
Onion mixture can be made up to 2 days ahead.
You'll also love
- Blueberry Cream Cheese Loaf 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Fresh Coconut Cake 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Easy Pumpkin Cream Pie 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Tomato & Goat Cheese Tarts, from... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Orange Delight Cookies 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Creepy Cupcakes & Treats 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Potatoes Baked with Tomato and... 5/5 (1 Votes)
- Inside-Out Bacon Cheeseburgers... 5/5 (1 Votes)