Marinated Goat Cheese-Stuffed Cherry Peppers With Salad
- 1/2 pound Homemade Goat Cheese (see recipe)
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 16 marinated cherry peppers drained, rinsed, and dried - (canned variety works best)
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (rosemary, basil, thyme, marjoram, oregano, chives, etc.)
- 8 cups washed arugula leaves
- 1/2 cup thinly-sliced red onions
- 8 slices proscuitto - (very thin)
Whisk marinade ingredients together in a non-reactive bowl and set aside.
With a sharp paring knife, remove stem and core of peppers and dry them well with paper towels.
In a small bowl, mix goat cheese with salt and pepper, to taste. Carefully fill each pepper with goat cheese and place in a shallow non-reactive casserole dish or bowl. Cover with marinade and refrigerate overnight before serving. (For an interesting twist, dip in beer batter and fry)
When ready to serve, remove cherry peppers from marinade and set aside. Using a spatula, transfer marinade to a large bowl, add Arugula and sliced onions and toss well to combine.
Divide salad between 8 salad plates, top with a piece of proscuitto and garnish with stuffed peppers.
This recipe yields 8 servings.