Servings: 0 servings
- Prep: 10 min, Cook: 10 min.
- • 3 Tbs. black bean garlic sauce
- • 8 small, dry, whole red chili peppers, or 1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper
- • 2 Tbs. soy sauce
- • 1 Tbs. cooking rice wine, or dry sherry
- • 1 Tbs. grated fresh ginger
- • 2 Tbs. cornstarch
- • 1 Tbs. sugar
- • 2 tsp. sesame oil
- • 1 Tbs. vegetable oil
- • 1 lb. thinly sliced sirloin tip, or tri-tip, cut into 2 inch pieces
- • 3 green, red and yellow bell peppers, cut into 1 inch dice
- • 1 medium onion, cut into 1/2 inch wedges
- • 1/2 cup chicken broth
1. Mix black bean garlic sauce, chili peppers, soy sauce, rice wine, ginger, corn starch, sugar and sesame oil together in a small bowl; set aside. 2. Heat vegetable oil in a large wok (or non stick skillet) until very hot. Add meat slices and quickly cook over high heat, turning once, until meat is cooked on both sides; about 2 minutes. 3. Add bell peppers and onion to skillet and cook, stirring, 2 minutes longer. Pour sauce mixture into wok and cook, stirring constantly, 2 more minutes or until sauce has thickened and is bubbling. Serve hot with fried rice or chow mein.