Quick Fried Brown Rice w/Snap Peas
- 1 1/2 (8.8-ounce) pouches precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 2 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sambal oelek (ground fresh chile paste)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 10 ounce medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, diagonally sliced
- 1/3 cup unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
1. Heat rice according to package directions.
2. Combine soy sauce, sambal oelek, and honey in a large bowl. Combine 1 teaspoon peanut oil and shrimp in a medium bowl; toss to coat. Heat a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add shrimp to pan, and stir-fry 2 minutes. Add shrimp to soy sauce mixture; toss to coat shrimp. Add 1 teaspoon peanut oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add eggs to pan; cook 45 seconds or until set. Remove eggs from pan; cut into bite-sized pieces.
3. Add 1 tablespoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add rice; stir-fry 4 minutes. Add rice to shrimp mixture. Add remaining 1 teaspoon oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add sugar snap peas, peanuts, salt, and garlic to pan; stir-fry for 2 minutes or until peanuts begin to brown. Add shrimp mixture and egg to pan, and cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated.