- 1 lb Lean Ground Beef
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean Sausage Italian style
- 4 cans diced italian tomatoes with olive oil, oregano and garlic
- 2-3 Tbs extra virgin olive
- 1 Onion chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 carton chicken broth plus one can
- 4 cans chick peas (garbanzo Beans), drained
- 1 box ditalini pasta
- 1 Cup red or white cooking wine
- good grated cheese
Saute garlic and onion in 2-3 Tbs Olive Oil until golden.
Add Ground Beef and Sausage and brown.
Add the tomatoes with liquid, broth and wine; simmer on low heat for 30-35 minutes
Add spices (basil, thyme, oregano) to taste. If the consistency becomes to thick, add more broth or water as desired.
After it has simmered 30 to 45 minutes, add the beans and box of the pasta ) less if you want soup consistency).
Cover and remove from heat. soup will thicken from the starch in the beans and macaroni. Stir a few times and keep covered until the pasta is cooked.
Serve with grated cheese if desired.