Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash
- 1 lb sausage
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 tsp sage
- 1 celery rib, 1/2 red onion, 2 cloves garlic
- 2 apples, chopped
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 2 sprigs rosemary
Pre-heat oven to 400. Cut squash in half length wise and scoop out the seeds. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and sage to taste.
Use 1 Tbsp. of coconut oil. Brush or spoon coconut oil into each half of squash. Roast for 60 minutes.
While squash is roasting, melt remaining 2 Tbsp. coconut oil in a pan over medium heat and brown the sausage. Remove sausage from pan and let cool in a mixing bowl. Leave the fat in the pan.
Finely dice the onion, celery and garlic and saute over medium heat for a few minutes– until they are softened. Add some salt and pepper. Then add the chopped apples and saute for a couple more minutes.
Remove from heat and add to the mixing bowl with the sausage. Allow to cool.
When sausage and vegetable mixture are cool enough to handle, add egg and almond or flax meal. Chop rosemary finely and add as well. Mix with your hands until well combined.
After an hour, remove squash from the oven. Divide the stuffing among the 4 halves– the stuffing should be mounded– and bake for another 20 minutes.
You'll also love
- Chili and Lime Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Asparagus-Spinach Pesto Pasta with... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Steamed Cabbage 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Pulled Pork Tacos with Sweet Chili... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Summer Zucchini Salad 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Zucchini Parmigiana 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Aunt Mary's Pumpkin Cake 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Bourbon Pumpkin Tart with Walnut... 0/5 (0 Votes)