Beef and Black Bean Enchilada Bake
- 2 cups bottled strained tomatoes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, chopped
- Pinch salt
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup rinsed drained canned black beans
- 3/4 cup frozen corn kernels
- 3 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 1/4 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
Preparation time 25mins
Cooking time 40mins
In small saucepan, bring strained tomatoes, garlic, chili powder , oregano, chipotle pepper and salt to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in large nonstick skillet, brown ground beef over medium-high heat, breaking up with wooden spoon. With slotted spoon, remove beef and set aside. Drain fat from pan.
Add oil to skillet; cook onion over medium heat until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add black beans and corn. Return beef to pan, stirring to combine. Stir in 1 cup of the sauce, mixing well.
Place 1 of the tortillas in greased 8-inch square baking dish. Top with 1/4 cup of the cheese and half of the meat mixture. Repeat layers of tortilla, cheese and meat mixture once. Top with remaining tortilla and sauce. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
Bake in 375 F oven until cheese is melted, about 15 minutes. Slice and serve garnished with sour cream and green onion.
You'll also love
- Company's Coming Mashed Potatoes 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Parmesan Bacon Ranch Oyster... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Garlic-Lemon Chicken Breasts... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Beef Squash Casserole 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Corned Beef with Jezebel Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Michael Symon's White Bean and... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Teriyaki Chicken and Black Bean... 0/5 (0 Votes)