Orange Creamsickle Cookies
Ahhh...spring is here. Do you remember those orange creamsickle popsicles as a kid? Well these taste just like them. Cookies with a hint of orange and creamy vanilla morsels. The center of the cookie just melts in your mouth.Take some time out from doing your taxes and make these instead. Don't they just scream SPRING!
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons orange zest (for me that was the zest of 2 oranges)
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
Adapted from the-girl-who-ate-everything.com
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth. Gradually add flour mixture until combined. Stir in orange zest and white chocolate chips.
4. Drop rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Do not flatten cookies; it will make them dry. Bake 8 - 10 minutes or until golden brown around edges. Do not overcook! Cookies will be plump.
5. Cool for several minutes on cookie sheets before transferring to rack to cool completely.
6. Store in airtight container.