Black Truffle Stuffed Chicken-In-A-Pot
- 1 free range chicken - (3 1/2 lbs)
- 1 large black truffle thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper to taste
- 1 onion quartered
- 1 celery rib cut 1" lengths
- 1 carrot cut 1" lengths
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 3 cups turned vegetables of choice (such as, turnips, carrots, and potatoes)
- 1 cup chicken stock
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Carefully loosen skin from breast of chicken and insert truffle slices between skin and meat of chicken. Season chicken inside and out with salt and pepper generously and stuff cavity of chicken with onion, celery, carrot, thyme, sage, bay leaf, and lemon.
In a Dutch oven just large enough to hold the chicken and vegetables, place turned vegetables on bottom of pot and add chicken stock. Place chicken on top of vegetables and cover Dutch oven. Bake chicken for 1 1/4 hours, or until tender and cooked through. Serve with vegetables and pan drippings.
This recipe yields 4 servings.