Black Bean Salsa
- 1 1/2 cups prepared black beans drained
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons finely-chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small jalapeño pepper minced (seeds can be added for a spicier salsa)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- Cayenne to taste
- Salt to taste
In a mixing bowl, combine the ingredients, seasoning to taste with cayenne and salt. Cover and let stand for 1 hour before serving, to develop the flavors.
This recipe yields about 1 1/2 cups.