Artichoke, Brie And Crabmeat Omelets, Crème Fraiche, Caviar
- 1 cup crème frâiche
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice plus
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh tarragon
- 8 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons herbes de Provence
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 8 ounces jumbo lump crabmeat picked over
- for cartilage
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 artichoke hearts trimmed. and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces Saint Andre cheese rind removed, and sliced thinly (or other triple-crème cheese)
- 2 ounces sevruga or osetra caviar
- 8 slices toasted brioche
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees.
In a small bowl whisk together the crème frâiche with 1 tablespoon of the lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon of the tarragon, and a pinch of salt. Set aside.
In a bowl or large measuring cup, beat the eggs with the herbes de Provence, 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, combine the crabmeat with 1 teaspoon of the lemon juice, 1 teaspoon of the tarragon, the parsley, and a pinch of salt.
In a small skillet, melt 1 1/2 teaspoons of the butter over medium-high heat. Add 1/4 of the eggs (about 1/2 cup) to the skillet, and tilt the pan to completely coat the bottom of the pan. Cook until the eggs are just barely set in the center and the bottom is lightly golden brown, about 2 minutes.
Arrange a layer of artichoke heart slices down the center of the omelet, topped by the sliced cheese and crabmeat. With a rubber spatula, fold the omelet over the filling and gently slide onto a serving plate. Place the plate in the warmed oven while making omelets with the remaining ingredients.
Drizzle 1/4 cup of the lemon crème frâiche over each omelet and top each with 1/2 ounce of caviar. Serve immediately with toasted brioche.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Almond Tuile Cups With Raspberry... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Alden's Grandmother's Cornbread 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Stuffed Mussels With Aioli 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Squid In Beer Sauce 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Shrimp And Green Onion Pancakes... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Salmon, Yukon Gold Potatoes And... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Kicked Up Fried Rice With Shrimp... 0/5 (0 Votes)
- Baby Shrimp-Stuffed Artichokes 0/5 (0 Votes)