Caramel Apple Jello Shots
Fun and festive, these caramel apple jello shots are a sweet and tart addition to any bar at your next celebratory party. The rich flavors of creamy caramel contrast with the tart bite of Granny Smith apples to make the perfect jello shot recipe that will get a crowd your friends and family ready to party the night away.
- juice from 1 lemon
- 5 Granny Smith apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (1-ounce) envelope caramel hot chocolate mix
- 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup caramel sauce
- 1 envelope unflavored knox gelatin
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup vodka
Preparation time 30mins
Cooking time 500mins
Adapted from buzzfeed.com
Cut the apples in half lengthwise. Using a melon baller, scoop out the inside of the apples, taking care to create a shell of even thickness. Set apple halves into cups of a muffin pan and squeeze or brush lemon juice onto cut apples to reduce browning. Place in fridge until filling is ready.
In a medium saucepan, combine water with hot chocolate mix and whisk until the cocoa dissolves. Add evaporated milk and caramel sauce and whisk again to combine. Sprinkle gelatin onto mixture evenly and allow to sit about 2 minutes. Heat the mixture over medium-low heat, whisking occasionally, until it just reaches a gentle simmer—this is to ensure gelatin is fully dissolved.
Add sugar and simmer gently for about a minute. Turn off the heat and let mixture cool to warm. Add vodka. Transfer to a container with a spout.
Fill each apple cup with caramel jello mixture. Refrigerate a few hours or overnight.
To serve, place apples flesh-down (Jello down) on cutting board. Cut lengthwise in half, then in half again. Trim off any brown parts with a paring knife. Serve immediately. The lemon juice can only prevent the browning for so long.
You'll also love
- Chai Tea Mix 4.4/5 (55 Votes)
- Asian Beef Lettuce Wraps 4.6/5 (40 Votes)
- French Onion Soup 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Peaches and cream torte 4.5/5 (50 Votes)
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies 4.7/5 (36 Votes)
- Caramel Pretzel Sticks 4.5/5 (49 Votes)
- White Christmas Cookie Tree 4.6/5 (41 Votes)
- Paleo Pumpkin Pecan Pie 4.5/5 (49 Votes)