Cream of Broccoli Soup
The Big Book of Slow Cooker recipes
- 1 ) 12 oz bag frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1 small onion, peeled and diced
- 4 cups Chicken broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- Optional: make it creamy rich-add: 2-4 oz cream cheese, cut into cubes
- and 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese when you add the cream.
Add the broccoli, onion, salt and pepper to the slow cooker; cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
Use an immersion blender to puree the soup. Stir in the cream. Cover and cook on low until soup is brought to temperature.