Smoked Salmon Napoleons
- LEMON CREME FRAICHE:
- 6 sheets phyllo dough thawed
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- 8 ounces thinly-sliced smoked salmon
- 1 cup Lemon Crème Fraiche (see below)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 5 ounces salmon caviar
- 5 cups baby greens
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 3/4 cup crème fraiche
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and lightly grease with butter.
Place 1 phyllo sheet on a work surface and brush with melted butter. Top with a second sheet and brush with butter. Continue layering until all 6 sheets have been buttered, buttering the top sheet. Cut the phyllo stack to make 12 equal stacks, about 4 1/2-inch by 2-inch each. Place on the prepared sheet and bake until golden, turning the sheet halfway through baking, about 6 to 8 minutes. Transfer the baked phyllo to a cooling rack.
Place 1 phyllo stack on a plate and top with 1 slice of salmon. Spoon 1 tablespoon of Lemon Crème Fraiche on top and sprinkle with onion. Top with another phyllo rectangle, salmon, crème fraiche, and onion. Continue the process, ending with 3 layers in all. Top each stack with 2 tablespoons of salmon caviar.
Place the greens in a large bowl. In a small bowl whisk together the remaining lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Slowly add the oil in a thin stream, whisking to emulsify. Season with the salt. Toss the greens with the dressing. Arrange the greens around the outer edges of the napoleons and serve.
For Lemon Crème Fraiche: Combine all the ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use. (Makes 1 cup)
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (897 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)
- Easy & Healthy Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (194 Votes)
- Blackened Grilled Tilapia 4.5/5 (148 Votes)
- Grilled Fish Tacos 4.5/5 (129 Votes)