Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup (Paula Deen)
Nothing says comfort food like a good bowl of Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 medium carrots
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup thinly sliced celery
- 1 package (8 ounce) baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 3 quarts chicken broth
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- Garnish: fresh thyme
In a large dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onion, celery, and mushrooms; cook 6-7 minutes, stirring frequently, or until tender.
Add broth, bay leaf, thyme, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer, 15 minutes.
Stir in chicken and noodles; simmer 8-10 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Garnish with fresh thyme, if desired.
You'll also love
- Joey's Nachos - Kitchen Boss 4.3/5 (9 Votes)
- Weight Watchers Chicken and Rice... 4.3/5 (13 Votes)
- Special Puto 3.4/5 (32 Votes)
- Robin Chapman's Mississippi Roast 3.7/5 (29 Votes)
- Imitation Taco Bell Smothered... 3.8/5 (12 Votes)
- Rio's Chicken: Dog Food in the... 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Low Carb Chicken Chow Mein 4.4/5 (5 Votes)
- Ginger Chicken Udon 4/5 (30 Votes)