The dip can be made up to 2 days in advance and refrigerated in a covered container.
- 12 ounces mascarpone cheese (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 8 ounces ricotta cheese (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons brewed espresso
- 2 tablespoons Marsala or Kahlúa
- 1 teaspoon cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
Preparation time 10mins
Cooking time 10mins
Place mascarpone in a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and whip on low speed until smooth, about 30 seconds.
Add ricotta, sugar, espresso, and Marsala or Kahlúa. Increase speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form, about 3 minutes.
Transfer to a shallow 1-quart serving dish and dust with cocoa powder, then sprinkle chopped chocolate over cocoa. Serve with strawberries or assorted cookies.