Raspberry And Dried Pear Napoleons
- DRIED PEARS:
- 1/4 cup sugar plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup Muscat de Beaune de Venise (or other sweet white dessert wine, such as White Port or Sauternes)
- 2 pints fresh raspberries
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup melted bittersweet chocolate
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 medium firm ripe pears stems removed
In a small saucepan, combine 1/4 cup of the sugar and the wine, and dissolve, stirring, over medium-low heat, and slightly reduced, about 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. Combine the raspberries and syrup in a bowl and toss gently to combine.
In a bowl whip the heavy cream until it is nearly doubled in volume. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons sugar and whip until it forms stiff peaks.
Spread 1 tablespoon of chocolate on the bottom of a dessert plate, and top with 1 pear slice. Layer with 1 tablespoon of cream, raspberries, 1 teaspoon of chocolate, and 1 pear slice, and repeat to make 6 layers in all, finishing with raspberries and chocolate on top. Repeat with the remaining ingredients, to make 4 napoleons in all.
For Dried Pears: Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
In a small saucepan combine the sugar and water, and dissolve, stirring, over medium-low heat. Add the lemon juice and cardamom, and stir. Remove from the heat and let cool slightly.
With a mandoline or other slicing machine, thinly slice the pears lengthwise to 1/8-inch thickness. Dip the pear slices in the syrup and shake to remove any excess. Arrange the slices tightly in a single layer on the baking sheets.
Bake in the oven until crisp, about 2 to 3 hours, switching the baking sheets several times during the cooking process.
This recipe yields 4 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (897 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Strawberry Coconut Chia Seed... 4.5/5 (210 Votes)
- Buttermilk Blueberry Breakfast Cake 4.4/5 (181 Votes)