Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus With Sauteed Morels
- 1 large asparagus bunch woody ends trimmed
- 6 ounces thinly-sliced prosciutto
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces fresh morel or chanterelle mushrooms stems trimmed, rinsed, and patted dry
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced tarragon
Bring a saucepan of salted water to a boil. Place the asparagus in the water and blanch until just fork tender, yet still firm, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove the asparagus from the water and dry on paper towels.
In a skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms, and sauté until soft and they start to give off their liquid, about 4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the tarragon.
Wrap 3 asparagus stalks with a prosciutto slice to make a bundle. Repeat with remaining asparagus and prosciutto. Place on a serving platter and spoon the warm mushrooms over the top. Serve.
This recipe yields 4 servings.