Crispy Chicken with No-stir Lemon Risotto
- 2 (14.5 oz. cans) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cup Arborio rice or short grain white rice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 med. )
- 2 teas. finely shredded lemon peel (set aside)
- 4 (6 oz.)- skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teas. dried oregano, crushed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tab. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan chees
- Finely shredded lemon peel (opt.)
- Fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley leaves (opt.)
In a medium saucepan combine broth, rice, onion and lemon juice.Bring mixture to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 18 minutes.
Meanwhile, place each chicken breast half between two pieces of plastic wrap. Using the flat side of a meat mallet, pound chicken lightly to about 1/4 inch thick. Discard plastic wrap.
In a shallow dish stir together bread crumbs, the 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, the oregano, and lemon peel. In a second dish stir together eggs and milk. Dip chicken into egg mixture, the into crumb mixture to coat.
In a 12-inch skillet heat oil over med. heat. Add chicken (half at a time if needed); cook for 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until golden and chicken is no longer pink (170 degree). Transfer chicken to a cutting board.
Stir in peas into the risotto. Cover and cook for 3 minutes more (do not lift lid). Stir in the 1/2 cup parmesan cheese. To serve, slice chicken. Place risotto on serving dish and top with sliced chicken. If desired, top with additional finely shredded lemon peel and parsley.
Cal. 704, 22 g. fat (6 g sat. fat), 218 mg. chol, 1063 mg sodium, 66 g carb., 4 g fiber, 57 g pro.