Watermelon-Lime Jello Shots
Party pleasing watermelon shots are always a hit with family and friends! Don't like watermelon? Use a different flavor if you desire!
- 10 limes, pulp removed
- 1 box red Jello (I used strawberry because my grocery store didn’t carry watermelon flavored, but obviously if yours has watermelon – grab it!)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold vodka (Again, if you have melon flavored, go for it)
- Mini chocolate chips
Preparation time 20mins
Cooking time 195mins
Halve limes and use a paring knife around the edges of the halves to loosen the pulp from the rind. My technique was to do this, and then juice them with my KitchenAid attachment, which helped remove the loosened pulp. Plus, then I got a cup of freshly squeezed lime juice! I also used my (clean) fingers to finally help scrape out the resilient pulp under a running faucet. Set lime halves aside, empty side up.
Add 1 cup of boiling water to the Jello powder, and stir for 2 minutes until fully dissolved.
Stir in cup of cold vodka.
Pour mixture into lime halves, filling all the way to the top.
Chill Jello-limes in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
Using a sharp knife, carefully cut each lime half in half again, making wedges.
Stick in chocolate chips, if desired.
You'll also love
- Crispy Parmesan Baked Potatoes 4.4/5 (74 Votes)
- Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes 4.5/5 (67 Votes)
- Lemonade Ice Cream Pie 4.5/5 (80 Votes)
- Crockpot Bacon Cheese Potatoes 4.5/5 (70 Votes)
- Lemon Brownies 4.5/5 (69 Votes)
- Holiday Bacon Appetizers 4.5/5 (66 Votes)
- Sloppy Joe Nachos 4.5/5 (72 Votes)
- Cowboy Corn Dip 3.8/5 (146 Votes)