- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
Preparation time 5mins
Cooking time 55mins
1. Cook broccoli according to directions. Drain well. Add minced garlic to the broccoli. Place broccoli in a lightly greased 1 quart casserole; set aside.
2. Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk; cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Add the salt and pepper; stir well. Add cream cheese, stirring until smooth.
3. Pour cream cheese sauce over broccoli in casserole; stir gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in a small saucepan over low heat; remove from heat and stir in breadcrumbs. Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture evenly over casserole.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes or until thoroughly heated.