- 3/4 pound pitted black olives, such as
- Kalamata, Nicoise, or Gaeta
- 3 ounces capers - (to 4) drained, rinsed
- 2 anchovy fillets drained, rinsed, and patted dry
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 bay leaf finely chopped
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme leaves chopped fine
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cognac or brandy
- 1/2 cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil
Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine well, then allow to process until mixture is coarsely pureed. Taste for seasoning, then serve as a dip alongside crusty bread with goat cheese, grilled vegetables or chicken, or tossed with cooked pasta and fresh herbs.
This recipe yields ?? servings.