- 9 -in tart pan, lined with pie dough
- 9 oz baby spinach
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 heaping cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 whole eggs, plus 2 yolks
- 2/3 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg. Place lined tart pan in oven, bake for 10 to 15 min.
2. Gently cook spinach with half the butter, until wilted. Drain and chop finely. Heat rest of butter and cook onions until soft. Spread spinach and onion over bottom of pie crust.
3. In processor, pulse cheese, eggs, yolks, cream, mustard and seasoning. Pour over spinach and onion and return to oven for 20 to 25 min. until top is golden. Turn off heat and leave in oven for 5 min. Serve.