Tzatziki Pasta Salad
- 8 ounces Cavatappi Pasta (or your favorite type)
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 6 ounces Greek yogurt, plain
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill
- 1 tablespoon shredded cucumber
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly minced garlic
- splash of lemon juice
- pinch of salt
- 1 pound chicken cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 cucumber seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained. Chop if needed. I buy them already sliced Julienne style to save chopping
- 1 6 ounce jar quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- chopped fresh dill for garnish
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
While pasta is cooking, combine 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar, 1 teaspoon olive oil, 6 ounces Greek yogurt, 1 tablespoon freshly chopped dill, 1 tablespoon shredded cucumber, 1/2 teaspoon freshly minced garlic, a small splash of lemon juice, and a pinch of salt. Give it a taste and adjust the seasonings to your liking. Start out adding just a little bit of lemon juice. Add a little bit at a time until you have just the right flavor. Too much lemon juice can overwhelm the sauce, so add sparingly. Cover and chill until ready to use. If the dressing is too thick you can thin it with a little water.
Heat a skillet over mid-high heat and melt 2 tablespoons butter. Add the chicken and salt and pepper to your liking. Let chicken sear in the skillet for 4-5 minutes on the one side. Don't move it around, so you can get a good sear on it. Once it is seared to your liking, flip each piece over and cook another 4-5 minutes until seared nicely. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Place pasta in a large bowl and the cooked chicken, chopped cucumber, sun-dried tomatoes, and artichoke hearts. Mix in the Tzatziki dressing and chill until ready to serve. Before serving be sure to give it a taste and adjust the seasonings as needed. Garnish with chopped dill and enjoy! If you like olives and feta cheese don't be afraid to add them.