Spicy Sugar Kiss Melon Salsa
This salsa is the perfect summer barbecue appetizer or an ideal poolside snack. And it happens to be one of my favorite salsa recipes of all time!The Sugar Kiss melon is the star here, and it makes for a salsa that is slightly sweeter than spicy. The flavors are not only fantastic with salted tortilla chips, but they also work perfectly on top of grilled chicken or fish. And it is wonderful over quesadillas, too!You could even add this to a big bowl of baby lettuces for a delightful melon salad!
- Makes 2-3/4 cups Prep Time: 20 minutes
- 2 cups Sugar Kiss Melon, cut into a small dice (approximately 1/2 a melon) 3/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped jalapeño peppers, seeds removed
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped, fresh cilantro
- 1-1/2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotles in adobo sauce, seeds removed
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Preparation time 20mins
Adapted from sandstonemelons.com
1. Place the diced melon in a medium-sized mixing bowl, and add the remaining ingredients. Gently mix until everything is evenly combined.
2. Serve chilled.
While this salsa is best when eaten as soon as possible, it's still delicious the next day! (The longer it sits, the more excess liquid there might be -- you can easily drain this off -- and save it as it makes for a wonderful salad dressing!)