Eggplant And Spinach Curry
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 pinch cayenne
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeño peppers
- 1 medium eggplant - (abt 1 1/2 lbs) cut 1/2" cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds fresh spinach rinsed, stems
- removed, and chopped
- 2 large tomatoes seeded, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add the mustard seeds and cook, stirring, until they pop. Add the cumin, coriander, turmeric and cayenne, and cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds until fragrant.
Add the onions and cook for 1 minute. Add the garlic, ginger and jalapeños and cook for 30 seconds, stirring. Add the eggplant and salt cook until soft, about 5 minutes.
Add the spinach and cook until wilted. Add the tomatoes and cook over medium-low until thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Add the cilantro and stir well. Season, to taste, and serve hot over cooked rice.
This recipe yields 4 to 6 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (888 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (893 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Smothered Chicken with Mushrooms &... 4.5/5 (390 Votes)
- Cheesy Chicken ‘n Spinach... 4.5/5 (217 Votes)
- Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups 4.6/5 (148 Votes)