Chilled Lobster Cocktail With White Truffle-Lemon Aioli
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 ounces white truffle oil
- 1 1/4 cups olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
- 3 cups tomato concasse (peeled, seeded and cut into long thin leaf-like segments)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh fines herbes
- 4 lobsters - (1 1/2 lbs ea) cooked, and all meat reserved
- 1 tablespoon chopped tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1/4 cup celery brunoise
- 1/4 cup finely-chopped red onion
- 1/8 pound mache
Lemon-truffle aioli: Place egg yolks and lemon juice in the bowl of a food processor. While machine is running, add truffle oil and 1 cup of the olive oil in a steady stream, until incorporated and emulsified. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until ready to assemble salad.
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. In a shallow casserole dish, place tomato concasse, 1/4 cup remaining olive oil, fines herbes, salt, and pepper, to taste. Toss to mix well, cover and bake for 40 minutes. Cool mixture then refrigerate until cold until ready to assemble cocktail.
Assemble cocktail: Chop lobster meat into bite-size pieces and place in a large bowl with aioli, tarragon, chives, celery and onion and stir gently to thoroughly combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a martini glass, ladle about 1/3 cup of tomato confit into bottom of glass, top this with a small amount of mache, and divide lobster salad between glasses. Garnish decoratively with a small amount of mache and serve immediately.
This recipe yields 8 servings.
You'll also love
- Creamy Tomato Tortellini Soup 4.5/5 (890 Votes)
- Cracker Barrel Homemade Chicken &... 4.4/5 (896 Votes)
- Blood Orange Upside Down Cake 4.5/5 (741 Votes)
- Crock Pot Beef & Broccoli 4.5/5 (498 Votes)
- Famous Red Lobster Shrimp Scampi 4.5/5 (488 Votes)
- Apple Brie Tarts 4.5/5 (311 Votes)
- Samoa Brownies 4.5/5 (289 Votes)
- Creamy Shrimp & Mushroom Pasta 4.5/5 (263 Votes)